Digital Communications Specialist
- Location: Cirencester/home working
- Salary: £25,400-£29,000 per annum
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent contract
- Closing Date: 25 February 2021
- Interview Date: 04 March 2021
About the role…
Publica is a unique place to work – we are a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer-focused organisation driven by real user needs.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Communications Specialist to join the team. You will own, grow and maintain the digital presence of three district councils, increasing reach and engagement across a wide range of digital channels with a focus on social media.
You will lead the team on developing brilliant digital content, providing support and advice to colleagues with the aim of constantly improving our digital outputs to better reach and engage audiences.
We are looking for a talented individual with a drive to constantly improve so that we can deliver creative and effective communications that make a difference to the lives of the residents we serve.
You will need…
- A qualification in your area of expertise, equivalent to BTEC, HND, HNC, NVQ level 4/5 or relevant experience
- A good understanding of the social media landscape including in-depth knowledge of different social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience in producing creative, varied content for a range of digital channels including written copy, video and graphics
- Experience in managing a social media channels for an organisation, monitoring analytics and driving best practice
- Excellent project management skills
- A desire to always push for better
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
- Use of a car for work purposes
Please follow the link to see our great benefits: Benefits
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Suzanne Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note previous applicants need not apply.
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623079/70
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date shown on the advert, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.