Assets Support Officer
- Location: Cirencester or Coleford
- Salary: £18,473 - £21,323 pro rota, per annum
- Hours: 15
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 01 August 2021
- Interview Date: 04 August 2021
About the role…
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to provide support to our Assets Service.
In this role you will assist all officers helping to maintain and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Service by providing both pro-active and ‘on-demand’ administration and technical support.
You will be required to manage your own workload and be the first point of contact for enquiries. Be responsible for assets and cemetery records, ownership enquiries, monitoring and chasing of debts, and maintaining and updating records on the land terrier system. Use our accounting system (ABW) for invoicing, orders and monitoring of income. Plus numerous other requirements and support tasks for the team.
This post will involve liaison with tenants, landlords, council members, the general public and other services. The post will carry out work for Cotswold, West Oxfordshire and Forest of Dean District Councils.
If you have excellent communication skills, are able to meet tight deadlines, are self-motivated and work well as part of a team then we would love to hear from you.
You will need…
- Educated to A-level or equivalent standard.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in a multi-disciplined environment in a supporting role
- A high level of IT skills to undertake the inputting of complex data accurately onto different systems
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines and manage own caseload of work.
- Ability to travel
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position please contact Amy Fuller by email at Amy.Fuller@publicagroup.uk or alternatively by phone on 01285 623246 to discuss the role further.
Closing date for CV’s: Sunday 1st August 2021 at Midnight
Interview date:Wednesday 4th August and Thursday 5th August 2021
If you feel this is the role for you, please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the 'Apply for this position' icon within this page.
Alternatively please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Do you consider that you have a disability?
Publica has signed up to 'Disability Confident' commit to encourage applications by offering an interview to those who declare they have a disability, if the person meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined on the person specification.
Please indicate on your covering letter if this applies to you.